By the end of the BDS programme, graduates will be able to :
Identify general and systemic oral diseases and their relevance to oral health and their impact on clinical treatment.
- Treat all patients with equality, respect and dignity.
- Formulate an appropriate treatment plan , synthesizing patient assessment and diagnosis data.
- Identify , explain and manage the impact of medical and psychological conditions in the patients.
- Comply with current best practice dental guidelines and research.
- Explain the principles of preventive care and apply as part of the treatment plan.
Manage restorative procedures that preserve tooth structure , replace missing or defective tooth structure, maintain function, are aesthetic and long lasting and promote soft and hard tissue health.