Department of Medical Education was established in 2006 at UMDC under the dynamic leadership of Prof.Dr. Tanzeela Khalid. Since then the DME has been working collaboratively with all Departments of UMDC to ensure excellence in curricular development, teaching and learning and assessment.
The Department is responsible for conducting workshops, seminars, training courses and symposia for 3 tiers of Medical Education:
- Faculty Development and Continuous Professional Education
- Teaching , Learning and Assessment
- Student engagement and well being
We operate through our various committees and Departmental representatives to facilitate:
- Curricular change process, development and revisions.
- Innovative teaching, learning and assessment methodologies.
- Technology enhanced learning.
- Program Evaluation.
- Educational Research to generate evidence for informed decision making.
- Training students in lifelong learning strategies, professionalism, medical ethics and leadership skills.
- Provision of educational and career counseling services to students when needed.
- Fostering Medical Education collaboration via National and International Linkages .